Monday, September 19, 2011

Plastic Surgeon Woes Over....Now Time For Surgery!

So after I don't know how many months of waiting for our plastic surgeon to take our insurance again, we finally were able to meet with him again to start thinking about his palate surgery. He says he is happy with the lip but will want to do another repair as Riley still has a small "split" in his lip. I think he looks great but I probably should listen to the surgeon. He informed us that Riley also has a deviated septum....I guess this is not uncommon for cleft palate babies but he will fix that when he gets bigger. The surgeon says he is ready to operate next month to repair Riley's palate. He also suggested to move Riley to a sippy cup....I'm in a bit of a panic now because we cannot get Riley to drink anything BUT formula and that is it. He won't even drink water. Yes we can put formula in a sippy cup and have him start trying to drink out of that. We also have another problem....he doesn't feed himself at all. Not even with his bottle which is hard because we have to squeeze the top so he can get the milk out. I have no idea what to do so if anyone has any suggestions let me know. I have the gentle reminder that in 2 weeks my son will be turing 1 and it is time to start weaning him We will be meeting with our pediatrician in a few weeks to discuss these issues as well but he's definitely behind. So, his office will start getting the insurance auth and then we will schedule.
As for me, I have a dr.s appointment this Wednesday for my gallbladder....if that's what it is. I suggested gallbladder cancer to my husband (yes I'm that crazy person who thinks every ache and pain is something terrible) and his response was uncontrollable laughter saying that gallbladder cancer doesn't exist....I'm just saying. HOnestly I probably just have some gallstones or something so hopefully I'll get to the bottom of this. Still have pain but nothing compared to what I felt while I was on vacation. Fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment